Mind precede its objects. They are mind-governed and mind-made. To speak or act with a peaceful mind is to draw happiness after oneself, like an unseparable shadow.
- Siddhartha Gautama, Buddha
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
- Mother Theresa, 1979 Nobel Laureate
When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us. When our community is in a state of peace, it can share that peace with neighboring communities, and so on.
- His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama of Tiber, Nobel Laureate.
Peace is an easy word to say in any language.
- Javier Pérez de Cuéllar, Permanent Representative of Peru to the United States, 1988 Nobel Laureate (accepting on behalf of the Blue Berets).
If in our daily lives we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it.
- Thich Nhat Hahn, Vietnamese Buddhist Monk and Peace Facilitator
Your Motive, if you are to find peace, must be an outgoing motive - it must be service. It must be giving, not getting.
- Peace Pilgrim, 1981 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee.
Peace is not a merely distant goal that we seek but a means by which we create that goal.
- Dr. Marting Luther King, 1964 Nobel Laureate
If you desire peace, cultivate justice, but at the same time cultivate the fields to produce more bread; otherwise there will be no peace.
- Norman Borlaug, 1970 Nobel Laureate, the "father of the Green Revolution."
First keep thyself in peace, and then shalt thou be able to be a peacemaker towards others.
- Thomas a Kempis, Augustine monk 1379-1471.
If we would draw to us love, we must be love, be loving and kind; if we would have paece and harmony in our environment, we must establish it in ourselves.
- Charles Filmore, Unity cofounder (with his wife, Myrtle).
They built Unity around 5 spiritual principles:
The omnipresence of god
The divine essence of humankind
The power of mind
The power of prayer
The necessity of action following belief
© Angela Treat Lyon 2007 • Feel free to use this information or article in its entirety as long as you include all contact information. Lyon at I-Dare-You.com • Thank you!
Official Launch coming soon!: 24/7 Inspiration, Support and Uncommon Resources for You Daring Women in Business: IDareYouRadio.com